Resetting Google Chrome Browser
There are lots of reasons why you might have to reset your internet browsers. Basically what can happen is your browsers can get hi-jacked / taken over by plug-ins and / or search engines that direct you to search results and pages that they want you to see. Even a simply search, instead of the results that are relevant it takes you to a set of results that want to take you to pages that will infect your computer. Malwarebytes and Spybot are very good programs for cleaning some of this stuff up however it will not get your browsers back into working order. Please see the instructions below for resetting Google Chrome back to factory settings. Mozilla Firefox? No problem Click here for specific Instructions on resetting Firefox back to factory settings. Internet Explorer? Not problem, Click here for instructions on resetting Internet explorer back to factory settings.
Quick Video walk through below or see detailed steps just below the video.
– On the Top right corner of the Home page click on the three little lines icon and Click on the Settings
– Then click on Show Advanced Options
– Scroll down to the bottom of the settings page and click on Reset Settings.
– Next you will be prompted to reset settings-click yes.
– Next go to the extensions Tab in the top left corner under Chrome, Click the trash can next to any extensions that you see to remove them.
– Under Search in the Settings menu-click on Manage Search Engines-make sure everything is cleared out of the list except for Google Chrome.
Under appearance in settings-click show home button-then click change-make sure your home page is set to Google Chrome.
Once you are done resetting your browsers I highly recommend downloading and running Malwarebytes. It is by far the best malware removal program on the market.